I'm not the type of practitioner who likes to give people strict rules to follow ("No gluten!" "No red meat!" "No sugar!") and then makes them feel guilty when they break the rules. But so much of staying healthy is simple common sense that I thought it would be good to put it in the form of this little list:
1. Eat real food.
2. Drink plenty of water.
3. Move your body.
4. Get a good night's sleep every night.
5. Be in a loving relationship or have other satisfying social connections.
6. Laugh a lot (hold on to your sense of humor because without it, nothing's funny anymore!)
7. Don't let work dominate your life.
8. Spend as much time as possible outdoors in nature.
9. Immerse yourself in wild water (ocean, lakes, rivers, hot springs) as often as possible.
10. Have at least one animal friend (human friends are good too).
11. Give and get some hands-on healing on a regular basis.
12. Practice appreciation as a way of life.